Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Independence Day!!!


Independence day,,,since a child I’ve been cramming essays on Independence day,, reading books on freedom struggle,,,watching movie on the same topic & like millions of other Indians I feel proud that I’m born in a country like India which in spite of having so many diversities, so many hardships, so many issues, is still progressing as one of the world’s fastest growing economies.

India is really great & I’m proud to be an Indian.

Okay India is great & it’ll continue to progress to be greater but if we just talk about ourselves, what we are doing as an Indian for our country?? What does this independence means to us?? (Forgive me if I’m sounding like one of those promos of some TV show)

As an 22year old,,just-out of-the-college-engineer, I won’t talk about changing the political system & all because I know that change won’t come in few days and it’s quite complicated process but at least I can think of changing the things that won’t take that much time and are much simpler.

I won’t talk about whole country,,I’ll just start from my own state, the first thing that I think is missing in this state(& of course in other parts of country too) is cleanliness. It is clearly written on walls “stick no bills” or “don’t deface” or “don’t spit” but it seems like everyone here is illiterate. Dustbins are empty & trash is lying on road. Drainage system is blocked & water is flowing on road blocking traffic. If only we follow simple rules, which I think are not that hard to follow, our country will be a lot cleaner.

On this Independence Day, I take pledge to follow these rules because I just love this country & I want it to be clean.

6 comments:

abhi said...

आपको भी स्वाधीनता दिवस की बहुत बहुत बधाई..

__
अपने दिल के भारतीय को हमेशा जिंदा रखें,:)

sepo said...

great thought...!

happy independence day :)

Tomz said...

Belated thoughts of the Independence day

Tomz said...

Belated Independence day wishes..

nischee said...

Wow...nyc post...
i became an instant follower of ur blog...
n i neva knew a gal who blogs lyk dis.. ;)

vandy said...

@nischee
thanks alot

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin