Friday, January 15, 2010

TIME'S UP!!!!

Given a chance to leave chatting, blogging, using net I mean, listening music, playing games & a zillion things that we do on computer rather than to learn about the working of that particular computer & zillion things embedded in it,,,,I’m sure nobody will take a nanosecond to leave the computer,,of course for a certain time limit,,,,I mean just c’mon leaving computer for a life time isn’t possible.

But unluckily, I wasn’t given that choice so I had to do that mind swirling struggle with “Microprocessor 8086”. Yeah still 8086 & not core2duo,,, why??? “because you need to learn basics before you reach there” that’s what teacher reply. But then why in the first place I’ve to know about processors??? I’m an electronics engineer not a computer engineer. To this you’ll get reply like, “you ought to know the basics about all the engineering branches”

Anyway, since this course was in my syllabus, so I had to do it & I did. How??? Don’t ask.

So after being more or less prepared for the exam, I went to college. It was my first major for this semester (7th semester, second last semester). The first thing I do after reaching college during exam days is to check who’s in my vicinity in examination hall because in most of the cases, the sitting plan isn’t according to the roll no. Now that’s a real problem as the students having consecutive rollno’s share a symbiotic relationship. They know each other quite well,,not their nature, likings, disliking etc , but their M.Q. (mugging quotient),, yeah M.Q. not I.Q.,,,,,c’mon it’s engineering college, you can’t judge people with their I.Q.’s ,,it’s only M.Q. here.

The curiosity vanished in less than a picosecond when I got to know that before me was a guy with whom I recently had a tiff so he’s of no use to me,,,to my right was a guy who was two years senior to me but in now in same class,,,to my left a window,,,wtf,, now this window could have been a life saver for some but not for me it was of no use,,beside me was a passed out student. Now the two diagonals to my right were still a hope & the hope was retained when I got to know that my friend was sitting on the back diagonal. The front diagonal was still empty.

I got the answer booklet & question paper. After reading the paper, I was like WTF man!!! In such conditions, you find yourself too close to God. Even I was praying, “God, just 40 marks, just 40. It’s 7th semester I don’t want any backlog. Please God please.” Once you enter engineering college, all you pray for is 40 marks or whatever are the passing marks (toppers excluded), it also doesn’t matter if once you were topper in school. Now seriously, some study should be done to know what happens to the brain of students when they enter engineering college.

Back to question paper,,I made an analysis. I could attempt 65 marks, 15 my friend will help,,20 I’m surely gonna leave. So I concentrated on 65 marks. Just then I noticed that the front diagonal guy (my weird terminology) had arrived & it was none other than a famous passed out who was visible in all regular & supplementary exams & every time he was caught with his “purjis”. I guess this time he hadn’t got any stuff with him so he was kind of restless,,,looking here, there everywhere,,,trying to snoop into other’s paper. A teacher on duty pointed him & came to him. She said, “Just meditate. Concentrate on your paper, you’ll remember all the answers” to which he replied, “that’s exactly what I’m doing for the past 6 years & still I’m here. I’m gonna get married in next 6 months, so please let me do something otherwise what I’m gonna tell her” & we all burst into laughter.

Nice break.

Again I started concentrating on my paper. After every 15 minutes, superintendent was repeating in her peculiar accent, “I'm repeating again & again, I won’t allow anyone to go to loo , so please don’t ask.”

Ignoring this, I kept on writing. 65 marks done. I tilted my head, asked my friend to tell that question of 15 marks. She said two minutes & after two minutes superintendent said, “TIME’S UP

6 comments:

Jaunty anima said...

Hey Vandi!!
Loadza luck sweetie...That's why I say An engineer can only understand a fellow engineer...65 ka attempt hai to I pray 40 aa hi jaaen...hehe!!

sepo said...

hehe..!! nyc..!!
maine shaadi wala nhi suna tha ..!! ooo so dey r gettn married ..!!
wel gud 4 dem..!!
i js dun wanna tlk abt the exam aftr busting ur a** 4 so mannyyy days u get screwed up with a shitty paper..!!
DAMN

Dhruv.. said...

The 'shaadi' guy really deserved a cheat ;)..

hehe..nice :)

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

@jaunty
even i hope so,,,i got suppli three times so i knw if i hv attempted 65 marks all genuine stuff no fadi then i'll clear it
fingers crossed
@sepo
even i din listen that i just heard "shaadi". later on jogi told me about that shaadi stuff, though that guy was nearer to me ;)

@dhruv
yeah he deserve that :P

Sorcerer said...

First time here
:)
good one..

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

@Sorcerer
thanks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin