Thursday, December 24, 2009

C for carelessness!!

(I'm back with my A,B,C,,,,,,A for assignments, B for busy and now C for carelessness)

Scene 1

At home

9 a.m. (note my college starts at 9:30a.m. & it’s about 5 kilometers away from my place & it takes near about 1hour to reach there,,all thanks to ultra slow transport to that route)

Me (yelling): “Mom, where’s my book/assignment file/novel/dupatta/sweater/chappal/spectacles/anything else? I can’t find it. I have told you 100 & one time not to touch my stuff”

Mom (cool as always): “As if this mess looks so good”

Me (still shrieking):“Good or bad, I don’t care but please never touch any of my stuff again, you got it?”

Mom (still so cool): “I didn’t touch anything,,,everything is as you left it, check carefully you’ll find it”

Me (even louder):“Do you think I’m lying,,,I really can’t find it”

Mom enters the room, just picks up few things & ah ha,,,,here’s what I was searching for.

She gives a dirty look & I just grin meekly.

This scene repeats almost every morning.

Scene 2:

At College

Any of my friend (shouting after me): “Vandy, where’s your bag/spectacles/assignment/any other thing?”

Me (puzzled): “I don’t remember,I guess I forget where I have left that,,have you seen it?”

That same friend (giving a dirty look): “yes of course, it’s here. You are so careless”

Scene 3:

On my way to college

Suddenly I remember that I forget to bring assignment/some other stuff ,, so I pick up my cell & call choti

Me: “yaar I forgot to bring my assignment/some other stuff. So please come with that,,I’m waiting”

Choti: “why you always forget your stuff at home?”

Why? Why? Why?

Not these only there are about a thousand such examples. The best one that I haven’t mentioned above is how I lost my phone.

I always forget many things & I don’t know exactly if it is carelessness or absent mindedness. I guess this is not my problem only,,,many other suffer from this. Now the question that arise here is,,,,why people are so careless???

Once I read it somewhere that the people who are too happy tend to be more careless as they are always lost in their own world. Now the same can be true for people who are not so happy,,,,or I can say too sad that they don’t see anything important around them & hence are absentminded. In the same book it was written for players that their minds are in skies & their hearts are in their boots so they often forget their stuff in trains or planes or whichever transport they are availing.

Now in my case,,,I guess nothing fits well,,,as I’m neither the happiest person of this world nor the saddest. I’m not even a player or anything like that but still I’m absent minded or careless whatever you call it,,,so there has to be some other theory. But then there’ll be a million absent minded & careless people like me for whom the above theory fails so there has to be some theory for people like us.

Ya there’s one,,,,may be all of the last group,that includes me also,consider ourselves as Alice who’s lost in her wonderland & that’s why we really are lost & wondering why we are so careless & absentminded?


P.S. does it make any sense?

P.S. 2 : One of my friend has also started blogging,,,the link to her blog is RENDEZVOUS. Do check it out.

12 comments:

sepo said...

a book ca ritten abt ur carelessness u r soo full of it..!!
totally lost in ya wrld..!!
bt so adorable dt way
mmuuah

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

@sepo
awwww,,,that's cho chweet of u

EKSHA said...

yea...true....she is so careless... rememba d tym f eccentronics...she didnt even knw where is her bag...n we found it lyin in d audi wen a speeper ws cleanin d mess...vandy.....

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

@eko
actually i hv mentioned abt that ;)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to take some time out Thank everyone for doing what you do and make this community great im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

@anonymous
thanks
i'll try to get even more better

Dhruv.. said...

I empathize...totally...just the characters are a bit different. I play you. My sis plays your mother and its my friend's assignment that I mess with 'cause I'm never the one who is looked-for for a completed assignment in time !

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

@dhruv
;)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that I interrupt you, I too would like to express the opinion.

Anonymous said...

I truly loved this brilliant article. Please continue this awesome work. Regards, Duyq.

Anonymous said...

This is the best article I have read, thank you, I have learned a lot of knowledge in this area.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin