Wednesday, December 24, 2008

FIRST VOTE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!

Today I feel great!! You know why?? Well, because I just casted the first vote of my life-a constitutional right that that every citizen has. I have always been interested in this politics stuff,, from the time I was in 6th standard & for the first time we started reading civics-the study of rights & duties of citizenship. Then in 7th standard, there was a bi-election in our constituency. I somehow convinced my granny to cast her vote. She being illiterate wasn’t aware of how important is to vote? I went along with her. The officers on duty didn’t mind allowing me to go with my granny. My granny gave that stamp to me & I casted a vote, it wasn’t my first vote as it was my granny’s vote. The person whom I voted won elections but he died in the mid term,,,,,,,,so sad.
From then till now,, my interest in politics has increased rapidly. The long Agitation that was carried out in Jammu also contributed a lot in increasing my interest. May be one day, I’ll also join politics but there is a long time till then. Well, I made everyone in my family to vote & feels really great that there was 100% voting from our family. Now I have the right to say something in favor of or against the government as I have actually taken part in electing government. Let’s hope, the candidate I voted for, wins so that the time I spent waiting in a long queue doesn’t go waste.I put my fingers crossed.

8 comments:

sneha said...

hmmmm....gud hai...toh madam politics main bhi jaana chate hai...sahee.hai.

u wanna b d jack of all trades..!!

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

yup!!! but let's see where destiny takes me!!!

pooja saini said...

dear i was also cast my vote because its our first right to take part in the formation of government and obiously india is a democratic country we have a right to do any thing...........and one more thing that we've studied in civic that govt is for the people and by the people.........well yesterday i was also cast my first vote that is first vote of my life and really i feel very glad that i am also a part in the formation of govt but one wrong thing that i do is that i cast my vote two times one at jammu and other at my village but really yaar the only thing behind this, is that I want change, i want change in the govt ,i want change in these laws because i am totally fed up with all these non sense political leaders those when come to us act like the godfathers and when their seats are confirm they just take we people fargranted and the only thing that they want is money money money and nothing else u know onething that sometimes i thought that someone give me gun and i will kill all of them but its not possible that wat we think will come true its just imagination no one will come infront to change this stupid politics and usually people give their comment,that leader is a corrupt he will not do for us he has to resign from his or her post but no one come infront my thinking about these people is only that ohhhhh yaar if u have gutts to do this come infront change the laws and watever u want but no one will come and one more thing if youmg generation will come forward no one will give ticket to these old person but thing is that who come no one but watever we say one thing is that POLITICS IS A DIRTYGAME and no doubt its dirty game but really i want to participate in this so that i can change all their rules and also the defination of this politics but todays generation is educated and they know the importance of their vote but in early days the people are not so educated and they dont go for polling they just thought that wat they will give to us its just wasteage of time but now a days its just opposite to that almost every person from a family come to cast their vote which shows that the time when changes occur will start sorry yaar mamma bula rahe hain otherwise bahut kuch hai likhne ko

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

great,,,,pooja dearest,,,we'll join same party or form one of our own,,,,,,,together we can change the world!!!!

mehtab said...

i think the whole democratic system is incapable of working out at the rate of proggress we need.....
too many ppl with too much power.....

i wud rather have anarchy any day..... that way everybody earns on their own skill set....

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

who knws Mehtab
lets c wat happens?

mehtab said...

also in reply to pooja's comments.....

if it has to be democracy... then let us just hope that everything goes the same way it is goin......
any changes are going to bring in confusion.... and the only one to suffer wud be the massess......
i know it's hard to watch our country being decimated by half-witted, superdumb ppl but as long as we dont have a concrete plan let the system be the same.....
2 quotes wud summarise me up....
"a devil u know is better than a god u dont"
"the road to hell is paved with good intentions"


As of corruption.. it's the backbone of our system...
trust me, we wud rather have that the traffic havaldar takes 100 bucks and pockets it to supplement his poor salary than the may the 1000 rs. fine and let the rich politician pocket it....

wont u??

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

hey Mehtab
i think pooja wud better comment on ur comment bt u really my mind swirling in mind twisting thoughts
i think u r right
bt i'll ask pooja to comment also :P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin