Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mission Sheldon!!!!!!!!!

As I have mentioned in earlier posts also, reading is my latest passion. From the month of august (this year) till now, I have read eight books. Thanks to that agitation that was going in Jammu & Arindam Chaudhuri (because of whom I incorporated the habit of reading in me). His book “Count your chickens before they hatch” was really very motivating & it motivated me to read novels. Now I can’t imagine my life without novels, I am so addicted to them.







Three months before, if you would have asked me about Sidney Sheldon, I would have no answer but now after reading just one of his novel, I have become such a huge fan of him that I can tell you his full biography. I have read Sheldon’s last novel “Are you afraid of the dark?” Sheldon was such a great author. I wish he was alive so that he would have written more novels.

“Are you afraid of the dark?” is a fantastic novel. A murder mystery actually. I never thought I would like murder mysteries but this novel changed my thinking. Four cities, four murders, one common link. It is great, I tell you. Kelly, a character of this novel, was a bit like Mariam of Khaled Hosseni’s second novel “A thousand Splendid Suns” (again one of my favorite novel). Diane was also good. I actually liked all the characters except the negative ones and I guess they are included just because they are meant to be hated by all. A great novel.


Why Sheldon died in 2007? A year before I started reading, but thank God, still he managed to write 18 novels , so I have 17 more novels to read. Soon I’ll start reading the next one. Stage 1 of “Mission Sheldon” completed, still 17 stages left. Let’s see when I’ll complete my mission.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin