Friday, October 24, 2008

"A" for ASSIGNMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

















Whenever someone asks “A for”, the first A-word that clicks my mind is “ASSIGNMENTS”. I do remember that in nursery we were taught that “A is for Apple” but after I got admission in engineering college, the only A-word I remember is assignments. We, poor future engineers of India, are dumped under the heap of assignments. As soon as we enter a new semester, the history repeats.

Initially I enjoyed making assignments. I remember the time when we had to make assemblies in assignments in Machine Drawing. It was my favorite subject as it involves lots of imagination & creativity. Well that’s my take, for everyone else this subject was a headache. Once I made an assignment for almost whole of the class. It was an assembly of pedestal bearing, if I remember correctly. I really enjoyed that but our teacher got to know that its only one person who had made almost all the assignments & for that I got lots of scolding as reward. And after that whenever I went to get my assignment checked, our teacher would tell other students, “If you don’t want to make your assignments then just give them to Vandana. She’s free enough to make them”. Quite a sarcastic comment.

In other subjects also I tried my level best to make assignments first of all & best of all. I didn’t realized that when it became an obsession for me. I put all my talent of writing beautifully in making them the best & of course, I searched so many books so that the content of my assignments is also best. Then I used to decorate them with pink, blue, green, silver, golden, almost every possible colored sparkle pens, then covering the assignment files with white, black, yellow covers, labeling them & then again covering them with plastic sheets. Guys say that only gals can do this & so sometimes I have to do this for my friends also. Precisely, I can say I gave all my blood to make my assignments best of all & of course half of my pocket money also. Sometimes I am so lost in making assignments & even I get the weird dreams of assignments. Even now I try to make my assignments best of all but not first of all because now I have many more interesting things to do. After my assignments are made, they are ready for their journey to get photo stated again & again. Almost every student has a copy of it. Being a technocrat, I sometimes scan my assignments & mail it to my friends, who remember at the last hour that they have to make assignments.

These assignments really suck. No doubt, why Chetan Bhagat has mentioned about assignments in “Five point someone”. No engineer can deny that assignments suck.

7 comments:

prerna said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh god plsssssssss hlp us.these asinments are the "BIG MONSTERS" n are the most horrible n pathetic task to do............i just wanna kill that person who started this bloody tradition of torturing poor students......hpng someday GOD will change their mindset n save this butiful world of poor students!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

well said prerna,,,,,,,,,even i want to kill that person.........one assignment per semester is ok but nt more than that

sneha said...

assignments sessionals seriously fed up of dem both.....hd enough of dem bt den wts d point ... will hv to do it again 4 two more years..i thing i ll b happy abt after completing ma degree wud b dat dere wud b no more monotonous sessionals and tantalising assignmnts....

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

sneha dear,,,,,,,,,,,bt i m sure,,,,,,,,,we'll surely miss these damn assignments, & sessionals,,,,,,,,,coz we hv enjoyrd a bit of them

anish said...

i also agree with u vandana. one really gets suckd wth these assignments.....
i wonder when we will get rid of these!!!

pooja saini said...

yah definrtly i agree with u my dear bandu but think if there r no assgnments time pass will also not possible for us because as i know we both are far from books and assignment is the only thing that makes our touch with books and definetly just think about parents, they thought that we are studying but who know wat we r doing and definrtly they thought that they arenot waisting their money on us but no doubt these assignments are really torturing us but one more thing is that more than assignments teachers torture us by giving such a big big assignments isnt it and also this is a gud thing for students like me those r not gud at studies because these are the free marks that increase our percentage a little bit otherwise for that we have to struggle more for that marks also oh my god there is a lot to write about assignment but i think its enough

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

pooja dearest!!!!!!!! y dnt u start blogging,,,,,,,,,,,newayz u r right
assignments are our lifeline

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin